Why MM Mega Market (Vietnam)?
MM Mega Market Vietnam (MMVN) is a strategic branding of BJC/TCC Group started its wholesale operations locally in 2001. For almost 20 years, MMVN has been making strong and continuing investments in developing commercial infrastructure as well as food safety in Vietnam, committed to the sustainable growth of the country. The company has provided training for over 20,000 Vietnamese farmers and fishermen to increase productivity and product safety to achieve better access to modern trade practices and upgrade capacity in the long term.
In 2020, MMVN put into operation some brand news business formats including 2 depots in Dalat & Phu Quoc and Food Service beside the current 21 stores (which each has an area up to 56,000 m2 with 2,000 – 7,100 m2 net sales area), 2 central warehouse; 6 sourcing platforms; in 14 cities and provinces.
At MM Mega Market, we establish clear core values as guidance and direction for employees to be efficient and functional. The below core values are shared to our employees since induction session and reinforced in all employee communication & operations processes as well as embedded in every activity in the company:
- Customer @Heart: Treat customers First, always!
- Drive Change: Challenge the status quo with better solution and action
- Strive for Excellence: Commit superior results with professionalism and integrity
- Happy workplace: Treat our people with fairness, trust and respect & Create climate for action through pleasant workplace and environment
We listen to employee’s voice through our internal survey, do Exit Interview to understand why people stays and leaves and run “idea competition program” to welcome great ideas to build great MMVN.
TOTAL REWARD & RECOGNITION, TALENT RETENTION STRATEGIES
We are very proud that MM Mega Market is one of companies providing attractive remuneration and benefits for employees. Apart from base salary and incentives, our employees are entitled to allowance & benefits such as meal & transportation allowance, mobile phone credits, health care service, health care insurance, company laptop…
We ensure that high performers will get high bonus pay according to their performance and we also develop Tet Incentive and Best Performance Award for individual; team; business unit that achieved sales, profit target and got high score in terms of display, best practices and customer service.
In addition, we acknowledge individuals who contribute and accompany with company’s growth from 5 years/ 10 years/ 15 years/ 20 years and above by “Long service award”.
LEARNING, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
People are key assets for our organization. We do our best to ensure employee grows together with business.
We developed STRATEGIC WORKFOCE MANAGEMENT program with the purpose of building leadership Team and Talent Pipeline. Every year we conduct training need analyst and organize around 40 - 50 training courses regarding General and Management skills which conduct by both internal and external trainers. For Functional skills, we also have regional training team to conduct more than hundred training courses for employee over the country yearly. We also give opportunities to employees to attend Functional training courses in Institution to update skills and knowledge.
We also had Leadership Development program to develop potential employees to be future leaders by executing exchange program to send Talents to the company in the group at Thailand to learn and work in 6 months. After working abroad, they will come back to Vietnam and are assigned to suitable projects/ departments to improve business.
This year, with the purpose of developing & building learning culture and having efficient performance management we digitalize the HR platform by applying E-recruitment, E-learning, Performance Management online.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have the policy to promote from within the organization, applied for all employees who have at least one year of service and have outstanding performance. In the year of 2020, in Head Office we have promoted for 61 cases equivalent to 11.67% of population of Head Office.
We understand that work-life balance plays an important part in a healthy work environment since it helps reduce stress and workplace burnout. Thus we always strive for a workplace that prioritizes work-life balance. For example, We already applied Flexible Working arrangement (Work From Home program) to make employees feel comfortable and enjoy working especially during Covid time.
We also invested in a well-equipped and modern gym/yoga room to give the employees a means of blowing off steam and maintain physical fitness. In addition, we organize team building activities, Staff Party, Tet celebration, Christmas day every year to enable our employees to broaden their network, enhance team work spirit and learn new things.
We also engage employees in sharing sessions with a wide range of subjects: soft skills, health, life skills, general knowledge, presented by experts in the related field or sometimes, by our senior staffs.
In this year, we also build “Studio Kitchen” with multi-purpose such as cooking, product testing and go for ‘’Green Office’’ project such as office supplies, computer, friendly printing; set up Tivi in Cafeteria to serve Employee in lunch time or break time….and Office Music System can make Employees more productive, enhance employee performance, reduce stress and anxiety and make people happier at work and provide a ‘’Relax Corner’’ for Employees to create a stress-free culture, make a happy workspace.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- We support SMEs: The company has increased its support for SMEs by helping them connect with foreign markets at Vietnam Trade Fair 2019 which was organized by MM Mega Market Vietnam. During the event, seven MoUs were signed between Vietnamese enterprises and Big C to export Vietnamese goods for distribution in Thailand.
- Promote Vietnamese goods & Cooperating with farmers: Since 2018, the company has exported Vietnamese agricultural products to Asia markets such as Singapore, Thailand, HongKong, Malaysia. This activity not only helps to export Vietnamese goods but also promotes increasingly strict standard production, helping farmers stabilize output. In 2018, the company was awarded the title "Enterprise for Farmers" by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Recently, MMVN also organized Week of OCOP and Vietnam products to promote the local specialties to consumers and signed MOU to cooperate with the Department of Industry and Trade from 13 provinces.
- Support Education by delivering 30 scholarships through the program of “Elevating your career” for students from HCMC, Nha Trang, Danang, Hanoi in 2020.
- Contribute to Local Community: Employees of MMVN nationwide has actively participated and organized different activities such as: planting trees, clean up sessions, blood donation… to make positive changes in the society.